Emma Storm hit hard in Marbella this Friday, March 2 of 201804-03-2018
Even though the alert was given, more than 300 roads have been affected on the first day of the storm this Friday, March 2 of 2018 including a flood at Lago Las Tortugas in Marbella.
The valiant fireman of Marbella went to the place to aid the people who suffered some important lost during the flood and authorities of the AEMET raised a yellow warning for Saturday and Sunday.
Additionally, on the Supermanzan H of Nueva Andalucia, the corps of Civil Protection of Marbella had to help move the residents in a boat due to the flooding water which raised up to 1,5Mts above the floor making it impossible to reach with vehicles or walking.
The beaches had also suffered from this storm, especially the zone of Las Chapas where the waves took away part of the coast.
Make sure to take caution in order to protect yourself and your family!
- Remove from the exterior of your home all elements that can be dragged by the wind or rain.
- Secure and close all doors and windows well to avoid drafts
- Avoid mountain excursions and road trips.
- If you need to travel, make sure to be informed about the state of the roads you will be traveling through and stay aware of any indications of the information panels and authorities.
- Drive with special caution, slow down and increase the safety distance.
- Never cross over areas that are flooded or have water rafts.
- Do not camp or park near the river beds although they are dry to avoid being surprised by a sudden flood of water.
- Avoid isolated large metal objects, trees, and stones as they attract rays.
- Avoid coastal areas as possible especially walks, breakwater areas and viewpoints as the waves can suddenly drag you into the sea.
In case of emergency keep calm and follow the information from official sources in social networks and media helps, call the 112 emergency service available 24 hours 365 days of the year.
Be seen! Be Visible! You can be part of our creation! I-Marbella.com
We are moving to the video format! So make sure to follow us on YouTube to stay updated and on trend with the best videos, interviews, and information about the city of Marbella and all Costa del Sol!
By: Oscar I-Marbella.com
Buy the entire gallery
Málaga Christmas lights are on! @ Malaga November 24th 2017
Marbella CIT XVIII Business Awards November 24 of 2017 at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password