Interview with Mr Jorge Manzur, Director General of Puente Romano01-11-2014
Have you ever wondered what it is like to be Director General of a 5* hotel in Marbella? Here is your chance to find out. Meet Jorge Manzur, General Manager of Hotel Puente Romano!
We have asked Mr Manzur 10 questions, and here is what he had to tell us.
1. How long have you been staying in Puente Romano? In 1998, I started at Puente Romano as Director of Sales and Marketing. I held the position for 4 years. In July 2013, I started as General Manager.
2. Tell us about your previous work.
I used to be Director of Sales and Marketing at Melia Hotels International as well as General Manager at Melia Marbella Banús.
3. Why did you decide to come to Puente Romano for work?
I feel at home here! I absolutely love the team and enjoy spending time with all the guests.
4. What are the most interesting aspects of your everyday work? I would definitely say the people.
5. What is the greatest challenge being a hotel director? The greatest challenge is to keep everybody happy… the guests, employees, and owners.
6. What motivates you to continue working in Puente Romano? Building a project with such interesting people; I learn something new about the people I work with every day.
7. Could you please tell us about your hotel's latest and future development plans? In the winter, we will proceed with refurbishment plans, including the new Six Senses Spa, and we sincerely hope that in less than two years Puente Romano Beach Resort will be the best resort in Europe.
8. What types of customers usually stay at your hotel? How old are they? Are they married with children or single? What is your hotel's target group?
Our clientele mainly includes people aged between 35 and 55, i.e., single tavellers, younger couples, and families.
9. What are your management techniques? My management techniques are fully based and rely on teamwork.
10. What personal qualities does one require to become a successful hotel director? The ability to listen, make decisions with the team, and giving personal examples.
Next week, we will be starting with Mr Manzur's personal blog on i-Marbella.com. The exciting posts will be about different aspects of life in Marbella. Keep your eyes open for the first post and for now, check out the gallery for the pictures from the blog!
Buy the entire gallery
Dear Mr Manzur,
I am currently staying in your hotel, leave on Sunday 13th. Which I have to say, I am very ready to go back home.
I have been very disappointed with my stay at this apparently 5 Star hotel.
From the awful breakfasts to the filthy pool..am only going by the one at Sea Grill...to come back to my room one night and the door had been left wide open, but, the final straw was today at the very same pool, there were people in the pool drinking and smoking, they were so very loud and their language disgusting, no wonder some families left with their children.
This is totally unacceptable, and to be quite honest, was very surprised they were allowed to continue!!!
Am so upset by all this, we were so looking forward to completley relaxing and having a very well deserved break....alas not. Just wanted you to know, sorry if this letter sounds angry, that's because at this moment I am.
See all comments (2)
Málaga Christmas lights are on! @ Malaga November 24th 2017
Marbella CIT XVIII Business Awards November 24 of 2017 at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password