Taylor Swift and Michael Jackson Win Big at AMAs23-11-2009
Taylor Swift won a leading three American Music Awards, including Favorite Artist of the Year. She (19) gave her acceptance speech via satellite, paying homage to the night's other big winner, Michael Jackson.
"To even be mentioned in a category with Michael Jackson … is an unimaginable honor," said Swift, who also won Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist, Favorite Adult-Contemporary Artist, Favorite Country Album for Fearless and Favorite Country Female Artist. "I'm sending my love to the Jackson family."
Jackson won four trophies: Favorite Soul/R&B Artist, Favorite Pop/Rock Male Vocalist and Favorite Pop/Rock Album and Favorite Soul/R&B Album, both for Number Ones, giving him a record 23 AMAs over his career.
"It's not just about the winnings, the awards," his brother Jermaine said in an acceptance speech. "It's mainly the message. The message Michael had will live on forever. He saw good in everyone. … Start with love and let's love each other."
Other winners were:
• Favorite Pop/Rock Band/Duo/Group – The Black Eyed Peas
• Favorite Country Band/Duo/Group – Rascal Flatts
• Favorite Alternative Artist – Green Day
• Favorite Country Male Artist – Keith Urban
• Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist – Beyoncé
• Breakthrough Artist Award – Gloriana International
• Artist of the Year – Whitney Houston
• Favorite Hip-Hop Male Artist – Jay-Z
See all comments (1)
Málaga Christmas lights are on! @ Malaga November 24th 2017
Marbella CIT XVIII Business Awards November 24 of 2017 at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password