Meet Damian Rilo: Amazing Photographer from Argentina08-11-2014
Damian Rilo is a photographer from Argentina, Buenos Aires. He has been living in Marbella for the past 6 months and is now looking for new challenges. What distinguishes him from other photographers? He prefers natural beauty without the touch of photomanipulation programs. I was very lucky to be able to interview Mr Rilo.
- 1. How long have you been working as a photographer?
I have been working as a photographer for 20 years. I have worked for different media channels and magazines, in fashion, production as well as in collaboration with well-known DJs. I worked in Europe for a long time. Then, I went back to Argentina. A year later, I returned to Spain as I like this place the most.
2. How did you start work as a photographer?
When I was 19, I used to live at my grandmother's place. In the same house, there lived a friend of mine who had a photo studio. I practised there and watched him make frames. In a few months, he asked me whether I wanted to be his assistant, and my reply was positive!
Then, I came to Spain to continue my career in art. I worked for TV productions, cinemas, and, finally, started to work as a photographer.
- 3. What is your best experience at work?
I have a lot of experience and good memories, but the best one is meeting photographer David Montgomery. I talked to him, and he showed me his portfilio. There were well-known artists, such as Jimi Hendrix, Andy Warhold, etc.
I think all productions can be classified as good experience, but I personally find model Rocio Benegas Linch most inspiring. All the photoshoots have been very positive. She continues to work with talented photographers in Argentina. The latter agreed that my pictures of Rocio are very well captured.
4. What is your worst experience at work?
Taking pictures at event parties.
5. If you are not able to work as a photographer one day anymore, what would you like to do?
I would like to be involved in visual arts, painting, and drawing.
6. Why natural beauty? Why do you like natural photography, without any use of Photoshop?
If we are able to take a fine picture and grasp natural beauty, it makes us feel good. I put a lot of effort into capturing the best possible shot. It makes my mind work intensively, but after the shooting, I usually feel exhausted.
7. How do you get the person, place, or thing in front of the camera just the way you want?
I have got a lot of experience, which helps me choose the right tehnique. Sometimes, my intution tells me how to picture a model.
8. Which photographers have influenced you, and how have they affected your thinking, photography, and career path?
I have 7 mentors who have influenced my career:
2. David Montgomery
3. Jean Paul Sieff
4. Mario Testino
5. Richard Avedon
6. Robert Capa
7. Terry Richardson
9. Is photography your main business?
Since I moved to Spain, I have only been involved in photography.
10. What makes you different from other photographers? How would you describe your photography style?
Unlike other photographers, I have actually studied art. It helps me take more natural pictures.
I do not focus on a particular tehnique. There are time when I forget it completely and capture pictures spontaneously.
For me, there are three distinct styles: Capture, Studio, and Natural Light.
- Black and white pictures as well as refined vision are absolutely ESSENTIAL;
- Nudity, bodies, and faces;
- Spontaneity, comfort, ease, sensuality, and transparency;
- I forget the technique and welcome the idea itself.
2. Contemporary and traditional studio photography
3. Natural light photography attracts me. It is more sensitive, and I feel very comfortable with it. It makes noticeable difference in terms of naturalness of my models.
Cel: 657 174 307
By: Nelli Lusmägi
Buy the entire gallery
Is the best photographer
See all comments (3)
Málaga Christmas lights are on! @ Malaga November 24th 2017
Marbella CIT XVIII Business Awards November 24 of 2017 at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password