- Restaurants and Beach Clubs
- Car Rent and Sales
- Golf Clubs
- Beauty & Spa
- Family Fun & Sports
- Sports & Tennis Clubs
- Art & Culture
- Post Offices
Winter wonderland in Riga13-12-2010
Riga is the capital of Latvia, a major industrial, commercial, cultural and financial centre of the Baltics. i-Marbella headed to Riga for the grand opening of Suite Riga, which will take place this Thursday, 9th of December where Johnny Gates captured what could be seen through the blizzard of stunning Riga.
Here are some interesting facts about Riga:
- Riga is more than 800 years old and is an enchanting blend of a medieval centre and a modern city. Mixed together so perfectly that it fits every taste, with the irresistible charm of old times.
- With 706,413 inhabitants it is the largest city of the Baltic States and third-largest in the Baltic region, behind Saint Petersburg and Stockholm.
Saules Akmens building and Vansu bridge
- Riga has the finest concentration of Art Nouveau (Jugend) buildings in Europe. Before the Soviet occupation, Riga was an important economical centre and one of the most influential parts of Northern Europe. Even if most of Riga's earlier buildings have been destroyed in the wars, you find evidence all around the city from different centuries, not only in the streets of the Old Town. Riga's historical centre has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Iron Bridge Over The Daugava river
- Today's Riga, the largest city in the Baltic States, is a vibrant, fast-evolving modern city that has a lot to offer. Music plays an important role in the everyday life so when you want to relax, Riga has so much to offer: from music festivals, concerts, folk music to hot night spots.
By: Tene Sommer
Buy the entire gallery
Front picture from church is amazing!!!
Via Johnny`s camera Riga is absolutley perfect. Johnny is the best! Kissis. A
See all comments (2)
Ocean Clinic Dr Casabona explains the "HEAT" concept in aesthetic medicine treatments and anti-ageing cosmetics
Exclusive interview: Meet an expert in skin cancer surgery, anti-ageing procedures, wife and mother of six - Dr Gabriela Casabona
Dr Gabriela Casabona Ocean Clinic: what do different generations want in aesthetic and cosmetic treatments?
Italian designer Flavia Padovan Luxury Seawear Summer Collection 2022 fashion show @Seagrill Marbella Gallery
Ocean Clinic Marbella Madrid Zürich TOP Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery Trends 2022 - #1 Body Contouring
Unhappy with your nose tip? Ocean Clinic Rhinoplasty experts explain if Nasal Tip surgery is right for you
The City Council Recognizes the Philanthropic work of María Bravo by Giving her Name to Square in Estepona
Maria Bravo shows Casa Global Gift to Marbella Mayoress Angeles Muñoz and Amaury Nolasco August 2021
Málaga Christmas lights are on! @ Malaga November 24th 2017
Marbella CIT XVIII Business Awards November 24 of 2017 at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password