Eat Your Way to Sexy in 6 Steps13-05-2012
"The relationship between what you eat and your sex life is like the fuel you put into a car," says nutritionist Elizabeth Somer. "Pump the nutritional equivalent of sawdust into your body and you are more likely to feel like a jalopy than a race car. Put high-octane foods into that system, rev it up with a bit of exercise and you will pump up your thrill quotient and reconnect with the Maserati within."
Somer, a registered dietitian, has studied the link between food an mood for decades. Now she's sharing what she's learned in her new book, "Eat Your Way to Sexy: Reignite Your Passion, Look Ten Years Younger and Feel Happier Than Ever."
GT: What is the relationship between what you eat and your sex life?
Elizabeth Somer: Inside that sexy self, there is a whole lot of circuitry and circulation going on. For you to feel really sultry, powerful, alive requires a fine-tuned brain that sends messages quickly and freely, a healthy heart that pumps blood efficiently and easily, and clear and elastic blood vessels that effortlessly move blood and oxygen throughout your body, from head to sex organs. Eat, move, and live right and you will be amazed how strong, confident, energized, and sharp you are.
GT: Many women are juggling kids, work, family, friends and managing their home life-- they feel too exhausted for sex. Is there hope?
Elizabeth Somer: Toss the stop watch. Time isn't the issue when it comes to eating well. With the wealth of new, healthful convenience foods, quick-fix cooking has never been so easy. Hey, you don't even need to eat a hot meal or cook to be healthy. With a well-stocked kitchen and a few simple nutrition tricks it takes less time to prepare a low-fat, nutritious meal than it does to order from a drive-up window. It does take a change in mind set and a little planning up front.
GT: What are the guidelines for your new SExY Diet?
6 SExY (Sensual Extraordinary You) Diet Guidelines
1. Have an antioxidant orgy. Load the plate with foods rich in antioxidants, such as colorful fruits and vegetables, legumes, herbs and spices, and red wine. These foods protect the brain from damage associated with memory loss and depression, and also boost the body's defenses against inflammation.
2. Feed your #1 sex organ. If risque thoughts pop into your head when you hear the word "sex organ," that's exactly where they should be, since your #1 sex organ is your brain! Here lies not only your favorite fantasies, but also a stew of mood and appetite chemicals, called neurotransmitters, that can be tweaked into submission if you eat the right foods at the right time and in the right amounts.
3. Give yourself some space. When you eat is as important as what you eat. The right spacing of meals and snacks boost mood and energy. Also, one beverage and certain snacks (you'll read more later about the G-Spot snack and the Perfect Quickies) spaced throughout the day can improve your mood, help you sleep, and jump start your thinking.
4. Get wet and wild. Some foods and their nutrients are so important, you need to include them at least a few times a week. In this batch is the omega-3 fat DHA found in fatty fish like salmon.
5. Remember, size matters. While I dare you to eat too many vegetables, limiting portions of other foods will make a huge difference when it comes to mood, mind, memory, and of course, your waistline.
6. Take the pill: No matter how well you eat, it is likely you will need a supplement or two to fill in the gaps on the days when you don't eat perfectly, as well as to give you that extra edge when it comes to feeling friskier, happier, and more energetic.
GT: Are there simple ways to boost our libido?
Elizabeth Somer: There is no band-aid approach to feeling great. You can't add salmon or spinach to an otherwise typical American diet and think you're going to feel great. You must first follow the 75% rule and incorporate the 6 guidelines above. Then you can give your mood, mind, memory, heart, waistline, and looks an extra boost with the 12 Amorous Edibles in the book, including salmon, spinach, berries, watermelon, yogurt, figs, and more.
By: Tene Sommer
Málaga Christmas lights are on! @ Malaga November 24th 2017
Marbella CIT XVIII Business Awards November 24 of 2017 at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password