Who is Samy Mohamed?05-01-2010
i-Marbella talks to Samy Mohamed, Manager of Marbella´s well known Plaza Gym, and the man who is going to put our i-Marbella lady through her paces get her bikini ready in three months for Operation Tanga.
1. Where are you coming from originally?
2. How long have you lived on the coast?
I have been here for 5 years now.
3. What brought you to the area? Business, lifestyle, family….
I was travelling from Barcelona to Algeciras and stopped off in Marbella for a coffee, after five minutes I fell in love with the place. I returned a year later for two months and that was it, I was hooked. I met so many great people and it just felt like home.
4. What attracts you most about the southern Spanish lifestyle?
The weather, the cosmopolitan lifestyle, the wonderful Mediterranean food and the people are really friendly.
5. Describe a few ways you spend your time here? Work, recreation, shopping, socialising, friends and family…
I am the Manager and personal trainer at Plaza Gym so I seem to spend a lot of time there! When I am not in the gym, I love spending time with friends, travelling and doing outdoor sports.
6. Do you have a favourite area or part of the coast?
From Marbella it is so easy to travel everywhere – I love visiting Cadiz, Sevilla, Granada and Cordoba. Most of the Costa del Sol is beautiful and there are many interesting places to visit, however the Old Town in Marbella is still one of my favourite places.
7. Where do you holiday now that you live in a popular tourist destination?
I recently spent a month in the USA in New York City and Minneapolis however I also love the Algarve in Portugal but the best bit of going on holiday is coming back home to Marbella.
8. Name a few of your favourite restaurants or cafes here.
Da Bruno and also Magna Café is great for meetings and has excellent food.
9. Do you have a favourite special event or celebration which takes place here?
La Noche de San Juan, spending the evening on the beach and jumping over the fire and and making my wishes!
10. Do you have a favourite time of year?
September, there are less tourists here and the weather is still fantastic.
By: Sofia Flores
See all comments (3)
Málaga Christmas lights are on! @ Malaga November 24th 2017
Marbella CIT XVIII Business Awards November 24 of 2017 at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password