Ten Minutes With Brittany Vorster15-08-2010
Brittany Vorster - the Golden Girl of Racing in South Africa
1. If you could choose any country to live in, not considering if it is the best place for racing/modelling etc, where would it be?
- Because It’s not considering Racing or Modeling it would definitely be Spain. I have been in the US, South America, and Europe and Spain definitely stands out for me. I have wanted to live in Spain since I was a little girl.
2. You have an impressive educational background. Where were you educated?
I went to a British International college which was an affiliation to Cambridge University in England.
3. Are you planning to study anything else in the future?
Not at the moment, my life is very full at present but I never say never!
4. What was your most memorable race?
My most memorable races were the ones I won, like the first race I won in the shifter DD2 in karting. It was such a tough race and the competition was extremely hard. I remember looking at the entry list and having a ‘gulp’. It was my first year in that category and racing with World champions and European champions. I still remember my family cheering for me after I won, and everybody at the track was talking about how I beat all the boys. They even came up to me after the race and congratulated me. My confidence went sky high after that race and from there on I was a top contender.
5. Do you have an idol? What/who inspires you the most?
I am not interested in celebrities, but I do admire top athletes, and they inspire me the most.
Competing in a sport is so hard, and when they accomplish success and remain humble at the same time.
Athletes like Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras stand out.
6. How do you stay in shape? Do you have a favourite work out?
I enjoy a good training session at the gym, swimming and tennis are also a good way to relax, all of this has the added benefit of providing endorphins which make you feel great.
7. You have participated in campaigns like for example the “Woman against abuse” campaign. Do you have any other campaigns coming soon?
The "Woman against abuse" was an extremely successful campaign and I was honoured to be part of it, however the one's I feel most strongly about would be the campaigns against animal abuse, I continually do these and the results make it all the worth while.
8. What do you like about modelling the most?
The thing I love about modelling is that it allows me to travel to beautiful destinations, I've had the chance to see incredible locations and meet interesting people.
9. You have combined both feminine and masculine areas of work - modelling and racing. Do you think that they "balance each other" in a way?
Racing is predominantly a man's world, I've always said "Modelling pays the bills, Racing provides the thrills". Both have taught me to be tough, racing is one of my passions, whereas modelling allows me to be a woman and show my feminine side.
10. Are you single/committed? What do you look for in a guy?
I'm single baby! But I'd be looking for a man who is athletic, humble, loves his family very much and is honest!
By: Johnny Gates
Buy the entire gallery
See all comments (3)
Málaga Christmas lights are on! @ Malaga November 24th 2017
Marbella CIT XVIII Business Awards November 24 of 2017 at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password