Who is Yanela Brooks?14-12-2009
The talented Yanela Brooks talks her Marbella style...
1. How old are you?
I´m 28 years old.
2. How long have you lived on the coast?
For four years.
3. What is you profession? What are you doing in Marbella?
I´m a singer, piano player and a composer and currently I am performing at various events around the coast as well as worldwide.
4. What brought you to the area? Business, lifestyle, family….
5. What attracts you most about the southern Spanish lifestyle?
Definitely the weather, the sea, the coast and it´s people.
6. Describe a few ways you spend your time here? Work, recreation, shopping, socialising, friends and family…
I tend to do a little bit of everything! I work most of the time and pretty much the whole year round. I still have lots of things that I want to do and since Marbella is growing every day there is always something different going on.
7. Do you have a favourite area or part of the coast?
I´ve got a lot of favourite places, however the coast is so vast and I still have many beautiful places yet to discover.
8. Do you holiday in other destinations now that you have relocated to a luxury resort? If so, where?
I haven´t had time to go on holiday because I seem to be constantly working and have not stopped since last year! My last holiday I went back home to Cuba. Through my work I have been to many amazing places, for example; the coasts of Portugal, Italy, Cataluña, Valencia, the Canary Islands, Guadalupe, Mexico etc.
9. Name a few of your favourite restaurants or cafes here.
I enjoy having lunch at Terra Sana, Alfredo´s Restaurant and I have recently discovered La Moraga Iberica. I also like the restaurants in the Puente Romano and Finca Besaya, The Forge in Estepona and Marbella´s MC Café.
10. Do you have a favourite special event or celebration which takes place here?
I love the Concordia events, Lions International Gala, The Fischer Mercedes Gala and also the Suite Events in the Puente Romano amongst others.
11. Do you have a favourite time of year?
I prefer summer as I am a Caribbean Girl!
12. Would you prefer:
Beachside lunch or stylish nightclub? I like them both!
Mountain or beach? / Coast or the “campo”? All of them!
Puerto Banús or Marbella Old Town? Marbella Old Town
Traditional Spanish dishes or creative international cuisine? I love Spanish food however I also like to try creative dishes in general, I enjoy a really good meal!
By: Sofia Flores
See all comments (5)
Málaga Christmas lights are on! @ Malaga November 24th 2017
Marbella CIT XVIII Business Awards November 24 of 2017 at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password