10 Minutes with the bubbly Janey Freeman21-02-2010
Sofia spends 10 minutes with the sparkly Janey Freeman, Director of Target Models, Spain.
1. What made you decide to take over Target Models?
I took over Target Models two years ago when the original Director, Mike Brown, decided to retire. There was definitely a gap in the market for what we do, Marbella is such a fantastic location for production shoots; we have everything here from tropical beaches to snow covered mountains in the winter and safari landscapes and we can cater to all clients needs.
2. What difficulties have you encountered setting up a modelling agency here in Spain?
The same as every business, red tape and tax laws, I just take every day as it comes.
3. Are most of your models Marbella based?
Yes. Well we had an office in London and we are still running castings there too. So we have 50% based in Spain which is made of up many nationalities Spanish, Swedish, German, English etc. and the other 50% are the London based models.
4. How have you found the quality of models here on the Costa del Sol?
Most of the models who work here are not based here full time, they travel between Madrid, Barcelona, London etc. and they are a very high standard.
5. How has the crisis affected your business?
Hugely! Obviously we are directly related to the advertising industry. Advertising budgets have been cut in half and therefore so have production rates and model rates.
At times like this you need to club together give good service and the strong survive!
6. Who is the most famous model that you represent?
Probably Cristina Pita who was Miss Malaga 2008, she has done some great campaigns.
7. Do you have any interesting / big projects in the pipeline?
OF COURSE! We have some really big named clients, in the past we have worked with Nike, Tommy Hilfiger, Bjorn Borg, Dior, Jimmy Choo, Mercedes, Verve Cliquet, but I don’t like to talk about projects until they are signed, sealed and delivered - especially in a climate like this where things can change very quickly.
8. What was the last sms that you received?
From a friend saying he is back in town! Marbella is such a fantastic place, but people come and go all the time.
9. Where is your favourite restaurant on the Coast?
Naga in Puerto Banus, I love exotic food especially Thai.
10. What´s playing on your i-pod at the moment?
I always have to have a good dance CD to motivate me in the Gym, but I’m a bit more of a Rock and Roll kinda girl, I love the Kings of Leon!
11. What book have you got on your bedside table?
A book called ¨The Challenge¨ It takes you on a journey through all the religions and then onto how the mind works and the power of positive thinking. My mother wrote it! She is an amazing woman!
12. What is the most memorable experience that you have ever had?
There are so many! I think most recently it must be eating at Vertigo a restaurant on the 59th floor of a hotel in Bangkok at the end of the holiday and my friend and I took time to reflect, with a bottle of red!
13. What is the most stupid thing that you have ever done?
Ha ha! There are so many! No seriously.....no regrets!!
14. What would your last meal be?
I have no idea! I love food! Anything!
15. If I was to give you a O/W plane ticket to anywhere, where would you go and what 3 things would you take with you?
I have a list of 3 places that I haven’t been and would love to go; Dubai, Vegas and Rykjavik (Iceland).
One way ticket would have to be New York - all you need there is lip gloss, pair of heels and a credit card!
16. Who would you most like to wake up next to?
David Beckham! I am single so I can still dream!
17. What would be your ideal job?
The one I have!
18. Plane, boat or train?
Plane. I really hate flying but it gets you there faster.
I have decided quite recently that boats aren’t my thing after 2 certain bad experiences, one in Sweden and one in Thailand! I wont go into detail as both are a little embarrassing!
19. Have you had plastic surgery? If so where and if not would you?
No I haven’t. I did have an operation on my nose when I was 13 however it was for medical not aesthetic purposes!
I would probably have Botox (eventually!) but I hate needles.
20. If you believed in re-incarnation, what would your next life look like?
I do believe in re-incarnation!
I think I have been good in this life. So the next one will be filled with love, money, lots of good friends and lots of fabulous shoes!
By: Sofia Flores
See all comments (4)
Málaga Christmas lights are on! @ Malaga November 24th 2017
Marbella CIT XVIII Business Awards November 24 of 2017 at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password