Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19 @Marbella August 202012-08-2020
In a recent social media post made on Monday, August 10th, 2020. Antonio Banderas revealed he'd tested positive for COVID-19. The announcement came on the day of his 60th birthday, which he said will be spent in quarantine. The Academy Award-winning actor said he feels “relatively good, just a little more tired than usual.”
On Sunday, Antonio Banderas was supposed to attend the Starlite Gala in Marbella, a star-studded charity event he helped organize, but backed out at the last minute.
The reason is that unfortunately, he tested positive for coronavirus. Banderas posted in an emotional social media tweet that he tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday, August 10th which was the day of his 60th birthday. "I want to make public that today, August 10, I am forced to celebrate my 60th birthday following quarantine because I tested positive for Covid-19 disease, caused by the coronavirus,"
Happy belated birthday, Antonio Banderas! The legendary actor turned 60 years old, and so many fans sent him well-wishes that he became a trending topic on Twitter.
|Spanish actor Antonio Banderas announced on Monday that he has tested positive for COVID-19 - August 2020
In addition, to the revelation made he added, "I feel relatively well, just a little more tired than usual and confident that I will recover as soon as possible following the medical indications that I hope will allow me to overcome the infectious process that I am suffering from and that is affecting so many people around the planet"
Banderas explained how he will make the most of the time during the quarantine days: "I will take advantage of this isolation to read, write, rest and continue making plans to start giving meaning to my new 60 years which I arrive at full of desire and illusion".
|He recently celebrated his gf's birthday Nicole - August 2020
However, just a few days before under the stars and with familiar faces: Antonio Banderas and Nicole Kimpel celebrated their birthdays. The couple have enjoyed an unforgettable evening that they both shared with their fans on Instagram.
His absence from Starlite
For the first time in eleven years, Banderas missed his solidarity appointment with Starlite Marbella last Sunday, August 9th, a fundraising event for which he is a prominent sponsor and which is usually the main name of the celebration.
The organization of the event assured that his absence was due to "last-minute personal reasons". Furthermore, Sandra García-Sanjuán, president of Starlite, said when excusing her presence before the audience that it had been "impossible" for the actor to be in Marbella that night.
"He is one of the most committed, generous and dedicated people I have ever met. Together we have created the Starlite Gala during these eleven years, and if Antonio is not here it is because it has really been impossible for him, but he is very present tonight, he is the heart of the Starlite Gala".
Banderas is the latest celebrity to reveal that he has tested positive with the virus. Actress Alyssa Milano took to social media last week to reveal that after several negative tests she tested positive for Covid-19 antibodies.
Other major film stars to be diagnosed with coronavirus include Tom Hanks and his wife, Rita Wilson, as well as Idris Elba, Marianne Faithfull, Olga Kurylenko and Mel Gibson.
BE SEEN! BE VISIBLE! I-Marbella.com
Be part of Marbella’s present, past, and future!
Leave your stamp on Marbella’s fascinating and spectacular history!
i-Marbella.com – Recording highlights of the chronology of events, people and places in Marbella, Costa del Sol, and Spain
By: Jaime @I-Marbella.com
Buy the entire gallery
Málaga Christmas lights are on! @ Malaga November 24th 2017
Marbella CIT XVIII Business Awards November 24 of 2017 at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password