Annika's Blog: FOOD ROOM fantastic way to spend your Saturday night in Marbella 201717-04-2017
From left to right:1. founder of Food Room Mariola Ustaran Muela 2. Annika Urm 4. Chef of the night Manu Balanzino Source: i-Marbella
FOOD ROOM your cooking school at Centro Comercial Guadalmina II Local 12 San Pedro de Alcántara Marbella www.foodroom.es +34952636791
I spent Saturday, April 15th, 2017 in FOOD ROOM among people who share the love of both food and cooking. This class was such extraordinary and pleasant experience! I've spend Saturday night in Marbella learning how to cook, eating and communicating with amazing people in a lovely ambiance. It is the best way to spend your time and money for quality dinner, fine liquor and socializing.
Cooking course was Mediterranean Cuisine in Spanish and the star chef of the night was Manu Balanzino.
FOOD ROOM is located in San Pedro del Alcantara, Marbella, Malaga, Guadalmina Alta Commercial Centre, just a few kilometers from Puerto Banus, Marbella. FOOD ROOM offers modern facilities with the most up-to-date equipment.
Phone: 952 636 791
Mediterranean Cuisine Menu by Manu Balanzino in course was:
*Greek yogurt, typical Eastern cheese with fried eggplants Crunchy anchovies marinated in cider and coconut vinaigrette;
*Chicken Pork Pastry, pistachios and Honey;
*Confined Cod (fish) and AOVE (“the virgin olive oil Extra” ) Emulsion;
*Lamb with Pastoril (“especially of land or a farm”) with Dried Fruit.
In case you are wondering what AOVE is here is a definition: ” Olive oil of the highest category is obtained only from olives and only by mechanical procedures, no chemical extrations were made. Its aroma and taste reproduces the taste of the olives of which it is made, and contains all curative and nutritious properties of this excellent natural product. Virgen- Extra oil is the best natural olive juice which can be presented either filtered or “raw”.
Even if you dont speak perfect Spanish you can understand everything and people in Marbella are so international that comuncating with each other is so easy. There were 10 people all from nationalities around the world: Belgiam, American, English, Estonians, Spanish etc.
Once we were finished and the food was served, we ate together around the table, and this was the most satisfying moment for everyone.
This cooking course is meant to be three hours long, but the group was having a lot of fun and it took over 4 hours.
I met new people in Marbella and had incredible Saturday night with Gourmet food and quality drinks.
FOOD ROOM is your new cooking school also pastry and bread making, wines and cocktails.
FOOD ROOM is Cooking & Tasting School where the regular offer is based on participative courses and workshops on all types of cooking, pastry and bread making, wine tasting and cocktails.
FOOD ROOM started in Marbella, San Pedro in 2017
The courses include all beverages, the recipes that will cook, and all the food ingredients and equipment needed to prepare delicious dishes that you will also be able to eat! There will also be show cooking and master classes done by highly respected chefs and all kind of courses like Food Writing, Food Styling and Food Photography. Courses taught in English appear in the English section on our web. Nevertheless, we have included our Spanish-speaking classes too just in case you would like to attend. Cooking, baking, and tasting is more a sensorial experience than examining your level of Spanish!
Cooking courses for food lovers:
- 19 abril – Cocina de Temporada – 18h. a 21h. – David Hernández – 45€
- 21 abril – Arroces Mediterráneos - 12h. a 15h. - Mariló Alarcón - 45€
- 28 abril – Antojitos Mexicanos - 19h30 a 22h30 – Irene y José Alberto – 45€
- 3 mayo – Pasta fresca clásica: elaboración y salsas – Pilar Fernández – 18h. a 21h. – 45€
- 5 mayo – Cocina tradicional española – 12h. a 15h.- Mariló Alarcón – 45€
- 12 mayo – Menú Trattoria Italiana – 19h30 a 22h30 - Mercedes Bornico – 45€
- 17 mayo – Cocina de temporada – 18h. a 21h. - David Hernández – 45€
- 19 mayo – Tapas creativas– 19h30 a 22h30 – Manu Balanzino - 45€
- 26 mayo – Sushi Intermedio –18h30 a 22h30 - Carlos Navarro – 60€
- 31 mayo – Pasta fresca tradicional: rellenos y salsas – Pilar Fernández – 18h. a 21h.– 45€
- 2 junio – Cerdo Ibérico – 12h00 a 15h00 – Mariló Alarcón - 45€
- 9 junio – Cocina Mexicana Tradicional – 12h00 a 15h00 - Irene y José Alberto – 45€
- 14 junio – Cocina de temporada – 18h. a 21h. - David Hernández – 45€
- 16 junio – Ensaladas Creativas – 12h. a 15h. - Manu Balanzino – 45€
- 23 junio – Sushi avanzado –18h30 a 22h30 - Carlos Navarro – 60€
- 28 junio – Alta Cocina en Casa – 18h. a 21h. - Manu Balanzino – 45€
- 30 junio – Pasta fresca al Forno – Pilar Fernández – 12h00 a 15h00 – 45€
- TECNICAS BASICAS DE COCINA (10 SESIONES DE 2,5 HORAS) – 260€
18 y 25 abril. 2, 9, 16, 23 y 30 mayo. 6,13 y 20 de junio. De 11h00 a 13h30.
Courses for pastry and bread making lovers:
- 22 abril - 10h00 a 14h00 – Pan con Masa Madre - Paco Merino – 40€
- 6 mayo - 10h30 a 13h30 – Tartas Clásicas – Paco Merino - 40€
- 20 mayo - 10h00 a 14h00 – Iniciación a la Bollería – Paco Merino – 40€
- 3 junio - 10h30 a 13h30 – Tartas Innovadoras - Paco Merino - 40€
- 17 junio – 10h00 a 14h00 - Panes espaciales – Paco Merino – 40€
- 1 julio - 10h30 a 13h30 - Clásicos de la repostería italiana – Cati Schiff – 40€
Enology and mixology courses:
- 20 de abril – 19h. a 21h. – Vinos y chocolate – Juanjo Sánchez Vidal - 30€
- 4 de mayo – 19h. a 21h. – Champagne – Juanjo Sánchez Vidal -30€
- 18 de mayo – 19h. a 21h. – Cocteles clásicos - Enrique Malagón – 30€
- 1 de junio – 19h. a 21h. – El Vermut – Juanjo Sánchez Vidal – 30€
- 15 de junio – 19h. a 21h. – Vinos y quesos – Enrique Malagón - 30€
- 29 de junio – 19h. a 21h. – Cocteles de vanguardia – Enrique Malagón – 30€
COOKING IN ENGLISH
- 22 abril – 18h30 a 21h30 - Spanish Traditional Cooking – Rashida – 50€
- 27 abril - 17h30 a 20h30 – Healthy and Tasty – Mercedes Bornico – 45€
- 6 mayo – 18h30 a 21h30 - Spanish Traditional Cooking – Rashida – 50€
- 11 mayo - 17h30 a 21h30 – Japanese Cuisine: Basics of Sushi – C. Navarro – 60€
- 20 mayo – 18h30 a 21h30 – Lebanese Cuisine – Rashida – 50€
- 25 mayo – 17h30 a 20h30 – Italian Trattoria Menu – Mercedes Bornico – 45€
- 3 junio – 18h30 a 21h30 – Spanish Traditional Cooking - Rashida – 50€
- 8 junio - 17h30 a 20h30– Japanese Cuisine: Tempura & Karaage – Carlos Navarro – 45€
- 17 junio – 18h30 a 21h30 – Spanish Traditional Cooking – Rashida – 50€
- 22 junio - 17h30 a 20h30 – Italian Cuisine: classic risottos – Pilar Fernandez - 45€
- 1 julio – 18h30 a 21h30 – Italian Cuisine: fresh pasta making & sauces – Pilar Fernández – 45 €
Courses for profesionals proficiency:
1- El Postre en un Vaso – Cati Schiff - 24 abril – 10h. a 14h.– 60€
2- Alta Cocina en Miniatura – Carlos Caballero – 8 de mayo – 10h a 14h.– 60€
3- Cocina al vacío - Manu Balanzino - 15 y 22 de mayo – 10h. a 14h. – 120€
4- Postres de Restaurante Innovadores – Cati Schiff – 12 de junio – 10h. a 14h.- 60€
FOOD ROOM is located at C.C. Guadalmina II Local 12, Urb. Guadalmina Alta
Annika Urm is a journalist, blogger, the director of i-Marbella.com, and her job is to report emotional experiences and facts in the best possible way. Annika is a modern entrepreneur, a business lady of high standards and exquisite taste. Annika's incredible performance is best described in her numerous followers (more than 100,000.00 each month).
Join the winning team and followMarbellalla:
Follow Annika Urm here:
By: Annika Urm
Buy the entire gallery
Málaga Christmas lights are on! @ Malaga November 24th 2017
Marbella CIT XVIII Business Awards November 24 of 2017 at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password