Fashion Police:Alia Babapulle01-02-2012
This week's Fashion Police focuses on the beautiful Alia Babapulle, who is a interior and exterior designer. Read below to find out more about her style choices!
1. How do you define your style?
Sleek. I hate fussy clothes which clutter up ones looks.
2. What is your ideal look for daytime?
Well cut clothes always, trousers and tops, good suits, especially for my work. And night time? For formal, long dresses shaping the body but with fluidity, for more casual, either skirts or pants in either soft tones or vibrant colours. I wear everything with good jewellery and good accesories.
3. How much time do you spend on creating your looks?
I can get ready quickly. Not more than 25 minutes from start to finish, including doing my hair. I am blessed with good hair, skin and nails and I don't need to fiddle about whengetting ready! Good accessories make such a difference when putting together an outfit.
4. Where do you get ideas for your looks? From magazines, movies, videosneed etc?
None of them. I don't tend to stray far with my clothes because many of the modern looks simply do not suit me. If I really like something new then I will try it out but my clothes work for me I believe and I am happy with that.
5. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your closet?
6. Your favourite shops are..
For casual clothes, Zara, Karen Millen, Itsomi, for more formal, I like having things made up for me.
7. What is your favourite color?
Not one especially, I love purple, emerald green, white, gold, red, all of which go well together with my skin colour.
8. What are your favourite accessories?
Good jewellery, it can make or break an outfit. Never wear steel with evening clothes, it's too industrial!
9. What advice would you give to have a great style?
Be ruthless when you look at yourself in the mirror. Do not try and be something you aren't. Form and fit are very important, listen when friends tell you that it doesn't suit!
10. Who is your favourite style icon?
Princess Diana. She made a lot of mistakes at the beginning, but later on, was always impeccably dressed.
Buy the entire gallery
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password