Wild Thyme by Xusan Teo:Simple appetizers28-12-2011
Try some simple appetizers with cucumber, it is so refreshing and easy to do.
Get a long Holland cucumber, cut it cross section about 1.5cm thick. Dig a hole in the middle and filled up with cream cheese/salmon mousse.
Filled cucumber cups
If you would like to try something more challenging, try this Japanese Beef Teriyaki
- 400g of tender beef (4 slice)
- 50g each of carrot, green pepper and spring onion
- Mixed a bit to flour and water, as starch
- Sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 3 tbsp of Kikkoman soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of Mirin
- Cut the carrot, green pepper and spring onion into thin strips about 4-5 cm long
- Flatten each slices of the beef into 2mm thick and about 15cm by 15cm
- Divide equally the cut vegetables and place it on the bottom of each end of the beef and roll it tightly up, close the ends with starch
- First the sauce: Mix it all under high fire until it boils and dissolve like, it all goes very quick, put it aside/keep it warm
- Then heat the pan with some sunflower oil, put first the end sides of the beef rolls facing down onto the pan so it closes well
- Turn it around till brown for about 1-2 minutes, I prefer the beef pink inside in this dish
-When ready, cut the beef rolls in cross section, serve it on the plate and put a spoonful of the sauce over the cut beef rolls
By: Xusan Teo
Buy the entire gallery
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password