Wild Thyme by Xusan Teo: Variation of Prawns29-02-2012
Prawns are not just delicious, light to eat, tender in structure but also beautiful
in colour. If you love prawns, here are some ideas…
Being Asian and coming from Singapore, we love fresh seafood in all ways and all
shapes and forms. We are also prawn lovers by nature. We prepare prawns in so many
different ways that I can make a little cook book just about Prawns. In European
kitchen, there are many ways to prepare prawns as well, but not as many choices as
What I like in general in my Wild Thyme collection is a Fusion between the East and
the West that I created myself. Therefore, in my prawn dishes, I like to make a little
twist or a touch of the Orient to make the prawn dishes different from others.
Referring to the pictures of my prawn dishes, you might be able to get some ideas on
how to be creative and you will be surprise how easy but yet delicious it can be!
Below are just some of my favourite Prawn dishes:
• Tartlet of Prawns with Quail Eggs, Green Asparagus, Avocado and Mango
with Homemade Coriander Dressing
• LangostinoBisque with Prawn Tempura with Almonds
• Grilled Prawn Tandoori
• Steamed Prawn with Coriander, Ginger Soy and Sesame in Sticks
• Spicy Thai Prawn Salad
• Grilled Prawns with Lemon Grass
• Steamed Butterfly Prawns with finely strips Ginger, Spring Onion and minced
Garlic with a drop of Soy and Seame oil
• Prawn Dumplings, steamed, fried or in Soup
Well, I can keep on writing the dishes but that’s enough for today.
If you want to try something fast and quick, try this one:
Steamed Prawn with Ginger Soy and Sesame in Sticks
1) Get the amount of prawns that you would like to have
2) Peel the prawns, cleaned and then in sticks
3) Dip the sticks of Prawns in a mixture of Light Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, some
minced fresh Ginger and Garlic to you liking
4) Steamed the prawns for just 4-6 minutes, depending on the sizes
5) When ready, dip in some chopped Coriander and in some more of the mixture
if you like it stronger in flavour
Served on a bed of Salad or as an appetizer or you can steam them without sticks and
as a main dish instead.
By: Xusan Teo Sponsored by : Casa Marbella Real Estate
By: Xusan Teo
Sponsored by : Casa Marbella Real Estate
By: Xusan Teo
Buy the entire gallery
Thank you ladies for your comments. All the dishes are all homemade and my creations. The pictures I took them myself. I am not a professional photographer but a hobby of mine.
See all comments (5)
Twenty Michelin chefs gathered on March 28th, 2017 in Marbella at the Fourth Edition of A Cuatro Manos by Dani García
A 4 Manos 1st day Dani Garcia ** and Jonnie Boer *** on 27th of March 2017
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password