Ten Minutes with Girl Band The Scarletz19-08-2010
The Scarletz are a 4 piece female vocal harmony group from the UK, featuring Bryony Jacobs, Claire Martyne, Katiya Borlante and Tahnee Lee. With no reliance at all on technology to improve their sounds, these women are sexy, sassy, quirky and most of all….. talented! They write and compose all their own music and infuse Classical music, Opera, Theatrical, Ska, RnB, Jazz and Rock into their own songs to create a unique and influential sound. i-Marbella spent 10 minutes with the up and coming Girl Band.
1) Who is the most outgoing of you all?
It is easier to say the least outgoing and that is Bryony as it is really quite shy.
2) What was your most memorable gig and why?
London Pride. Great venue, great crowd, great atmosphere!!
Katiya: Hayden Christensen – (Star Wars)
Byrony: Boris Johnson (yes the mayor of London)
Claire: James Franco (Actor in Spiderman)
Tahnee: Ed Westwick (Chuck from Gossip Girl)
4) Current favourite group / singer
Katiya: The Scarletz of course (silly question)
Tahnee: Paloma Faith
5) Where would you like to be one year from now?
Back playing Puerto Banus bull ring but as the headline act!
6) Most embarrassing moment of career
Katiya: Getting carried away and shouting down the mic “make some f****ng noise”
Byrony: Just every time alcohol is involved…can’t take her drink
Claire: Mic stand dropping just as she was about to sing
Tahnee: Throwing a leather thong into the crowd (she hastened to add it was not hers) and the wind caught it, blew it straight back and got tangled around her mic
7) Who is the grumpiest first thing in the morning?
Unanimous - CLAIRE
8) Who would be on the bill of your dream gig?
Katiya: All Saints
Byrony: Spice Girls
Tahnee: The Specials
9) Your lyrics are intelligent and fun, what inspires them?
10) What do you love about performing the most?
The way music makes people happy and brings people together
By: Johnny Gates
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password