Interview with the actor Kim Kold from Fast and the Furious 618-10-2012
Kim was born in Denmark in 1965. After starting out as a semi professional footballer as a goalkeeper and he ended his football career in 1994 after several injuries. In 1996 Kim became a competing amateur bodybuilder and did his first competition. In the years after that until 2010 Kim has done several bodybuilding competitions around Europe.
Kim Kold’s career as an actor began in 2007 playing the lead role in the shortfilm Dennis. The film went on to be an internet sensation with over 4 million views on youtube. The success of the character Dennis prompted the producers to continue the story and feature Kim in Teddy Bear/10 timer til paradis Kim’s award winning big screen debut. The appearance of Kim Kold in Teddy Bear , notably his performance won the attention of Hollywood and subsequently Kim was offered a part in the hugely successful and globally recognized franchise “The Fast and The Furious”.
At the moment Kim is filming The Fast and The Furious 6 which is being shot at various locations in Europe, and joins an “A” list cast in this cult movie series. i-Marbella brings you an exclusive interview with the actor, who now lives in Marbella!
1. You were a semiprofessional footballer, but how did you change into bodybuilding?
I started doing bodybuilding because of injuries I got wiliest playing football. I had a good friend who was also training and he got me hooked on it.
2. Do you still do bodybuilding?
Yes, I still do it, but I no longer compete.
3. Can anybody become a bodybuilder? What does it take?
Yes of course, but you need to change your lifestyle totally! It takes hard work, commitment and discipline.
4. How did you manage to get a role in Dennis in 2007?
I was just selected by a casting agent for that role.
5. How has acting in Fast and Furious changed your life?
A little too early to say now, but I believe after the release of the movie, there will be some big changes in my life.
6. Who are you playing in the Fast and Furious 6? When is it going to be released?
Im playing a character called Klaus. The movie will be released on the 24th of May 2013.
7. How do you get along with the Fast and Furious A list stars, do you socialize with them after work too? Which one of them do you admire the most?
I get along with the whole cast very well. There is no socializing now, it's all business. We are all professionals just doing our job. I admire them all.
8. What surprised and disappointed you the most when filming such a big blockbuster?
So far there are no disappointments. I have only experienced good team spirit, strong work ethics and a great atmosphere.
9. What do you consider to be your biggest achievement?
My work being recognized by Hollywood.
10. What are your goals and dreams?
Tu fulfill my movie contracts, with more to follow. To continue enjoying my life and take care of my family and friends.
11. How did you end up in Marbella? Why do you like it here?
The adventure of a new lifestyle and of course for the perfect weather. I like to have my good friends around me.
More info www.icekoldproduction.com
Buy the entire gallery
Kim Kold is such an interesting actor. The Short "Dennis" were so good! and the film afterwards was exactly what hoped for. I wishes Kim Kold and his family the best. I really hope to see him on the big screen again very soon!
See all comments (2)
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password