Taxi Service UBER Finally Arrives in Costa del Sol and Marbella 201822-08-2018
After Madrid and Barcelona, Costa del Sol is the targeted hotspot by the American ridesharing company Uber Technologies Inc. Starting on June 2018, taking advantage of the summer season, the transport platform has begun to serve in the south of Spain.
You may have heard that Costa del Sol residents finally have UBER service available, It's not quite like the UBER in the UK where anyone can become an UBER driver though. We walk you through it.
|UBER: Has arrived on the Costa del Sol 2018
Uber already operates in more than 600 cities across the world and has also established itself in Madrid and Barcelona.
The Uber here is for licensed drivers, so those who already have an SP License. 200 licenses have been given out and you can now order an UBER from anywhere along the Coast from Malaga to Marbella, covering 60km.
The UberX service, which uses professional drivers, has launched its services in the Costa del Sol on Spain’s south coast in June 2018 and is covering the cities of Malaga, Torremolinos, Benalmadena, Fuengirola, Mijas, and Marbella.
You might be wondering what the heck is UberX? UberX is the most popular private car service that Uber has to offer. It's commonly referred to as the "low-cost option" for riders - it allows you to quickly arrive at your destination without breaking the bank.
The Spanish Costa del Sol receives about 12 million tourists every year.
“With the launch of UberX in time for the busy summer season, we are thrilled to bring on-demand transportation to the Costa del Sol. We are committed to being a true partner to the cities of this famous tourist region for the long term,” a spokeswoman for Uber said.
However, unlike principal competitors in Spain, Cabify, Uber will only contract drivers with licenses for Andalucía, which they hope will avoid disputes with taxi drivers, who went on strike after VTCs from other parts of Spain came to the province to take advantage of peak times, namely during Malaga Fair, without pre-booking.
The prices, already announced, will be 0.3 euros per minute and 1.12 euros per kilometer, with a minimum rate of 5.50 euros, similar to Madrid and Barcelona, and a cancellation fee of the same amount.
Uber offers itself a service to calculate how much more or less you should pay for a ride in your local city. Get a Fare Estimate in Your City | Uber
So in order to give you an insight into transporting options in Marbella this summer.
1. TAXI Tel.+34 952 77 44 88: Did you know that there is a special app to order your taxi, this is called "1Taxi"
2. UBER: The Uber service in Marbella is for licensed drivers, so those who already have an SP License. 200 licenses have been given out and you can now order an UBER (with the Uber app) from anywhere along the Coast from Malaga to Marbella, covering 60km. Will it be cheaper than a normal taxi? Not necessarily, but it is far easier to open an app which already has your location in + It's also good to know the price before you start. The Uber cars are offering free water and perfect air-conditioned new cars.
3. CABIFY: (almost the same as Uber)Install the app and order a car.
How it works:
1. open the app and order a Cabify for wherever you need.
2. Receive info on your vehicle and driver, and track the journey in real time.
3. Choose your preferences, such as music or temperature.
4. Your credit/ debit card or Paypal will be charged automatically via the app. No cash needed!
5. Cabify will email you a receipt.
We hope you find this information useful to get you through finding the best transportation methods in Costa del Sol with fair prices for your pocket.
BE SEEN, BE VISIBLE i-Marbella.com
Be part of Marbella present, past, and future!
Leave your stamp on Marbella fascinating and spectacular history!
i-Marbella.com - recording highlights of the chronology of events, people, places in Marbella, Costa del Sol, Spain.
We are moving to the video format! So make sure to follow us on YouTube to stay updated and on trend with the best videos, interviews, and information about the city of Marbella and all Costa del Sol!
By: Jaime I-Marbella.com
Buy the entire gallery
Málaga Christmas lights are on! @ Malaga November 24th 2017
Marbella CIT XVIII Business Awards November 24 of 2017 at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa
Please enter an email!
Please enter your password